A Highly Mobile Drilling Rig Capable of Working Efficiently in Extreme Arctic Conditions
Like most new drilling rigs commissioned for work in the oil and gas industry, Rig 142 contains state of the art equipment that is highlighted by a fully automated driller’s cabin and modern AC technology.
It is a fully integrated, multiple module rig that can drill on various well spacing’s of 10 feet to 30 feet. The rig layout consists of five individual modules, resulting in lightweight components that can be efficiently moved from pad-to-pad while maintaining heat in each module.
The substructure module consists of the mast, rig floor with equipment, BOP stack, choke manifold and moving system, which cantilevered, combined loads 400K setback, 750K Rotary Drilling Module Ground level to Rig floor is 39 feet.
The pipe shed complex houses the pipe skate and scissor lift to handle pipe. The pipe shed can hold 680,000 lbs of pipe during drilling operations. Level 3 of the pipe shed contains meeting, office spaces and a training room for use by the rig crew.
The mud pit module uses an innovative hopper style pit design that holds 1,120 barrels of mud tankage. This module also contains centrifugal pumps, a manual valve system, and solids control equipment.
The mud pump module contains two NOV 12P-160 triplex mud pumps, 2-125 HP boilers, closed-loop heat exchanger, and parts storage.
The engine module consists of three Caterpillar 3512C Gensets, and 1 C27, coupled to Kato generators, air compressors, highline transformer, and external radiators.
Rig 142’s Drill Support Modules are trailer-mounted, and use oilfield trucks for moving. This configuration minimizes module weights and allows for faster moving speeds over long distances. Each module has a towable wheel suspension system for short distance for well-to-well moves.
The mast is a cantilever hook load design with a capacity of 750,000lbs, with a twelve-line hookup, and the substructure is capable of a combined load of 400,000 lbs. setback and 700,000lbs rotary capacity.
- Mast – Cantilever, 142’ clear x 25’ spread, 750K, and a racking capacity of 20,000’ of 4”
- Drawworks – National Oilwell Varco (NOV), SSGD 360, 2300HP, 30” drum fitted is with 1-3/8” Lebus grooving
- Block – Short profile, becket style, top drive integrated, rated at 400 tons
- Drill Line Power Spooler – Contains 1 3/8” Drilling Line
- Top Drive – National Oilwell Varco (NOV) TDS-11SA 800 HP, rated at 500 Ton
- Intermittent – 55,000 foot pounds
- Continuous – 25RPM to 125RPM, 37,500 foot pounds
- 150RPM – 29,500 foot pounds
- 175RPM – 24,500 foot pounds
- 200RPM – 21,000 foot pounds
- 225RPM – 18,000 foot pounds
- Rotary Table – National Oilwell Varco (NOV), RT 27 ½” opening, rated at 650 tons static, hydraulic driven
- Power slips – National Oilwell Varco (NOV), hydraulic “Back Saver” power slip
- Drillers Cabin – National Oilwell Varco (NOV), Amphion System, touch screen controls, fully enclosed
- Choke Manifold – 3 1/8” x 5000 psi, 2 1/16” x 5,000 psi, remote operated hydraulic choke
- Manual Tongs – 2 each with multiple jaws 3 ½” to 17 ½”
- Iron Roughneck – National Oilwell Varco (NOV), ST-100
- Subfloor Catheads – 2 each hydraulic for tong make-up and break-out
- Floor Winches – 2 each 12k, hydraulic
- Personnel Winch – 1 each, certified
- Floor Access – Beaver slide
- Casing Stabbing Board – 1 each
- Primary Power – 3 each, Caterpillar 3512C, coupled to Kato 1750 kVA, 0.7 pf, total available constant horsepower at 1200 RPM / 60 Hz is 4,430 bhp, corresponding to a total of 3300 kW
- Stand-By Power – Caterpillar C27, rated at 725 kW
- Hi Line Power – 1 each, 13.8 kV to 600-volt step-down transformer, 5000 kVA
Mud Pumps Complex
- Mud Pumps – 2 each, National Oilwell Varco (NOV), 12P-160 triplexes, rated at 1600 hp input.
- 6 inch – 4665 psi maximum, 529 gpm / 12.6 bpm @ 120 strokes per minute
Mud Pits Complex
- Mud Pit Volumes – 1,000 bbls active / 120 bbls storage
- Shakers – 3 each, Derrick, DP 628 HG
- Vacuum Degasser – 1 each, Burgess, Magna-Vacuum 1000
- Atmospheric Gas Buster – 1 each
- Shearing Hoppers – 1 each, Vortex Aqua-shear hopper
- Mix Hopper -1 each, SWACO Sidewinder
- Vacuum and power wash system for general cleanup
- Mud Lab for on-site mixing by the Mud Engineer
BOP & Spools
- BOP Equipment
- 1 each, Hydril annular, 13 5/8” x 5000 psi, model GX, flanged, NACE trim
- 2 each, Hydril, single gate, 13 5/8” x 5000 psi, flange x flange, NACE trim
- 1 each, Hydril, single gate, 13 5/8” x 5000 psi, stud x stud, NACE trim
- 2 each, Hydraulic Work Platforms
- 1 each, Choke and Kill Line
- BOP Closing Unit – 1 each, 7 stations, 3000 psi, accumulator unit, remote located in driller cabin
- BOP Test Pump – 10,000 psi, variable triplex pump with dedicated test fluid tank and digital recorder
- Air Units
- 3 each, Sullair, 60hp, heavy-duty screw compressors
- 2 each, Air dryers, Parker / Dominick-Hunter
- 3 each, Air receiver tanks, ASME rated to 200 psi, 36″ x 92″ (240 Gallon)
- Heating Units
- 2 each, 125 HP, closed-loop, saturated steam boiler complete with dual float controls, dual water pumps, and dual fuel (methane and diesel) burner, hot oil capable with plate exchanger.
- 1 each, Water softener w/upstream sand filter
- 4 each, Indirect fired air heaters (will provide heat to individual complexes with distribution plenums)
- Water Tanks
- 2 each, Water tanks, 400 barrel
- 2 each, 3″ x 4″ x 25 HP centrifugal pumps for water system circulation
- Fuel Tanks
- 1 each, Double-walled, regular diesel storage tank in pipe shed, mud pit, mud pump, and engine complexes
- 1 each, Dedicated fuel tank in the engine complex with fuel pumps
- 2 each, Winslow diesel fuel filters for master tank in engine complex
- 1 each, Winslow diesel fuel filter in the mud pump complex
- Hydraulic Units
- 1 unit, containing 3 closed center hydraulic pumps, providing power to the Iron Roughneck, catheads, rotary table, tuggers, wheel suspensions, BOP handling, and other devices
- 1 each closed-center HPU system for the pipe skate and pipe scissor lift elevator
- 1 each, open-center master hydraulic unit in each complex
- 1 each open-center HPU to operate Elevator and Scissor lift for mud sack handling to the shaker module
- Pipe Handling System
- 1 each, Hydraulic pipe handling system with skate to handle drill pipe and casing
- 1 each, Overhead electric chain fall for handling tools and tubular